LOS KUNG FU MONKEYS
Los Kung Fu Monkeys are a ska punk band based out of Canada and Mexico. Formed in Tijuana in 1997 when Canadian brothers Tarek and Hassan Limas with Bernie Leos joined their talents to start Los Kung Fu Monkeys. Influenced by the California punk scene and Latin rock, these guys play some fast paced songs with hard vocals and very melodic horn lines that will stick in your head for days.
After eighteen years of hard work they are considered pioneers of the ska punk movement in Mexico, have played some of the biggest festivals around the world like Warped Tour (U.S.A), Vive Latino (Mexico), Victoria ska festival (Canada) and toured many times all over Canada, United States, Mexico and Europe.
They have released a series of albums starting with “Rebuilding the World” in 2001 and “End Transmission” in 2003 on one shot records. The self-titled album on their own label RIOT RADIO Records in 2006 and in 2009 Übersee Records asked LKFM to release an EP exclusively for Europe. As a result they released the “Lobo Hombre en Paris” E.P. In 2010 they release their first vinyl record a 7” 45 RPM split records with the Voodoo Glow Skulls on Cafeina Riot Radio Records and also releasing a greatest hits record in Japan on Ska In The World Records/Disk Union.
Proving that they are an Icon and an Institution in Mexico, they get added to the most important rock music festival in Latin America “VIVE LATINO 2012” playing with Madness, Foster the People, Café Tacuba, and Gogol Bordello. For 2014 Los kung fu Monkeys start the year playing ‘Que me pregunten’ fest in Mexico City in front of 10,000 people.
This 2015 looks to be their best year putting out a new record with Canadian label Stomp Records and planning on touring for the 2015 release of the record and all of 2016.
Till this day Los Kung Fu Monkeys have toured in over 15 countries all over the world, headlining, and also sharing the stage and bill with all the greats in the underground as well as the mainstream markets, mythical bands like The Misfits, Moby, Panteon Rococo, Mad Caddies, Voodoo Glow Skulls, Fishbone, Madness, The Toasters, The Aggrolites, NOFX, Dropkick Murphys, Enrique Bunbury, the Planet smashers, Dos Minutos The Adicts and many more.
· 2001: Rebuilding the World (One Shot Records)
· 2002: Para Los que Ya No Están EP (One Shot Records)
· 2003: End Transmission (One Shot Records)
· 2006: Los Kung-Fu Monkeys (Riot Radio Records) Mexico
· 2007: Los Kung-Fu Monkeys (Übersee Records) Europe
· 2009: Lobo Hombre en París EP (Übersee Records) Europe
· 2009: And they came from Tijuana first ten years (cafeina riot radio records Mexico) (Evoekore Media U.S.A.)
· 2012: And they came from Tijuana greatest hits (ska in the world records) Japan
· 2012: Cafeina Riot Radio Records Vol.1 Vinyl SPLIT with VOODOO GLOW SKULLS-LOS KUNG FU MONKEYS (Limited Edition only 1000 Copies)
FACEBOOK // OFFICIAL WEBSITE // SOUNDCLOUD // BANDCAMP // YOUTUBE
RESPONSIBLE AGENT: ENRIQUE BRAVO